You might be wondering how to get your family from your current home to your new home without spending a fortune. If you are one of the millions of Americans relocating this year, you definitely need this article.
Moving home from one point to another requires you prepare cash for a either container, trailer, professional moving companies or moving truck except you own a truck large enough to transport your belongings and family yourself.
For short distance or local relocations, about a million households in the United States hire moving companies while about 700,000 also choose professional movers for long distance move. Whichever group you belong to, Moving Feedback has come up to discuss all you need to know about cheap moving companies to take advantage of your moving options.
There is no doubt; everyone is looking for a way to cut cost on his or her move and one of the ways is to hire a cheap moving company.
Top 10 Cheap Moving Companies
It is worthy of mentioning that cheap moving companies doesn’t imply they are cheap in service delivery. It is means moving companies that deliver top quality services without compromising their qualities.
Movers that have high reputation at the most affordable prices and don’t toy with their integrity. Moving companies that give value for your money.
Below are our 10 cheapest moving companies picks for your move:
1. Glass City Movers
You can rest assured that our Glass City Movers’ talented team will be able to help you with both your local and long distance move anywhere in the United States at affordable prices. Our team offers loading and unloading assistance, hand packing services and assembling services when you are relocating to a new office, apartment or house.
The business is a family-owned-and-operated company and hailed from Ohio and Michigan area. When seeking cheap moving service, this company will put its 20 years of moving experience into action to give you a sweet moving experience. Their moving cost is either the same or fairer with the written estimate you receive.
2. Puma Van Lines
This company is located in Dallas, Texas and DMV area and is one of the best moving companies. This professional moving company has helped many business and families move their offices and homes across the country with total efficiency without over-charging their consumers. They personalize every relocation to suit certain needs.
Puma Van Lines is licensed to provide both local and long distance move throughout the 48 states. Whether a move is a large or small, long-distance or short distance, Puma has a full fleet of moving trucks in various sizes to perfectly suit your move together with a team of workers who will put in their expertise to ensure they deliver best quality services and customer satisfaction.
3. Suburban Relocation System LLC
Suburban Relocation Systems is amazingly affordable. The company is committed to providing great value and customer satisfactory moving and relocation services. You get to control your relocation cost as they will charge you based on how much space you need.
They begin the process by first issuing you a written quote and keep you informed of any development from the beginning to the end. The company has a high rating from previous relocated customers and continue to earn customers trusts.
4. Sprinter Van Lines Inc
This company was founded in 2018 to offer moving service. Today, this company is growing rapidly in the moving business. Sprinter Van lines can handle any type of move for you irrespective of where you are or how many belongings you need to move. It’s time to call this company when you are considering a move out of your current home or business.
Sprinter Van Lines operates with effectiveness and efficiency. They offer a different form of commercial and residential moving services. This company can help you move whenever and wherever you want to.
5. Eazy Moving Corp
This professional moving company from Miami, FL makes relocation stress-free for you and provide you with the best possible relocation service ever. This company, having perfected their craft in the past few years is gradually becoming the first choice moving company of business people, seniors, families and the rest.
Easy Moving Company is fully bonded and insured and also offers free online moving quotes. The company also offer moving supplies at affordable prices. An expert from the company is readily available to come to your home for an in-home survey and also provide you with a full move plan, moving estimates, as well as answering any questions concerning your move.
6. Southwest Van Lines
This company provides professional moving services to clients in the entire United States. They have a low-cost moving package which makes it easier for you, especially if you are trying to cut your moving cost.
This company will ensure the safety of your belongings by ensure they arrive at the destination in the same perfect condition they were before departure and in time. The company has long-term and short-term customized storage solutions for individuals and business possessions.
7. First Way Movers
This is a family-operated company. It is a bonded, licensed, insured and BBB accredited moving company based in California. The company understands the need to offer quality services to clients as they will soon become the same community members. They come fully prepared for the job as a one-stop full-service mover.
Their pricing policy is totally upfront without any additional or surprising charges in the course of the move while they also make every attempt to ensure your relocation is being handled accurately, smoothly and responsibly. The company offers full relocation services in California and across the United States at very competitive rates. They promised to match or exceed the estimate given to a client by any reputable moving company.
8. HS Express Trucking Inc
The company adopts a culture of service, trust, and safety. This company is one of the best moving companies because of its value-driven nature. Relocation is not a one man job due to its complexity. HS professional movers work with the client to deliver a smooth and sweet relocation experience.
In order to offer the best services possible to their clients, the company also build exceptional relationships among other moving and storage companies as part of their planned growth.
9. Insta Movers Alabama
This company, as an independent professional mover provides local and interstate moves for both commercial and residential individuals. In Birmingham, this company provides cheap packing and relocation services with the most competitive pricing. To take the stress of relocation off your shoulder, you may contact the company.
Shrink wrap, blankets, all tools, and trucks are all included in their hourly moving price. They do not charge for weekends or stairs and their time start immediately they arrived at the site. Their workers will not take a break off your time. Insta movers provide office moving, residential moving, total relocation of offices, senior living and homes. They also offer a storage facility for your possessions.
10. Northwest Relocation
This company consists of moving and HR professionals committed to collaboration, education, and exchange of ideas. Non-profit, corporate and service provider members that have a common interest in global mobility are all represented by this diverse organization. Northwest Relocation Council (PNwRC) has firm roots in the Pacific Northwest to offer the best and affordable moving services.
Simply because we listed those companies above as cheap moving companies doesn’t mean they are the cheapest in the industry or they offer cheap services. However, we are always conscious of quality service delivery and integrity of the company before recommending them. If a quote is too cheap – beware! It may be a sign of moving scam.
The following table displays the cheapest moving companies in the US:
|No.||The cheapest moving companies in the US||Website|
|1.||Glass City Movers||www. glasscitymovers.com|
|2.||Puma Van Lines||www.pumavanlines.com|
|3.||Suburban Relocation System LLC||www.suburbanrelocationmovers.com|
|4.||Sprinter Van Lines Inc||www.sprintervanlines.com|
|5.||Eazy Moving Corp||NON|
|6.||Southwest Van Lines||www.southwestvanlines.com|
|7.||First Way Movers||www.firstwaymovers.com|
|8.||HS Express Trucking Inc||www.hsmoves.com|
|9.||Insta Movers Alabama||www.insta-mover.com|
Moving Cost Calculator
Here are the things you need to know if you are looking for a cheap mover to assist with your relocation.
Things to Watch while Hiring a Cheap Mover
Below are a few things to keep in mind when looking to hire a cheap moving company:
How Much Do Movers Cost?
Hiring a moving company cost between $250 and $5,000 on an average. While additional travel and other charges may apply, local moving companies basically charge hourly rates between $89 and $129 with a minimum of 2 to 3 hours. Cross country movers charge based on the level of service required, the weight of the load and the distance of the move. For interstate moves, be prepared to pay about $1 per pound.
Many of the rooms in your home contain household goods worth approximately 1 thousand (1,000) pounds. Therefore, you could estimate the relocation will cost close to $7,000 for a 4 bedroom house with a living room, formal dining room, and a kitchen. If you request for a full-service move with packing and unpacking, additional charges may apply.
How to Find Cheap Moving Companies?
Affordability and quality should both be kept in mind while shopping for moving companies. Follow the tips below to find reliable and cheap movers that will transport your belongings:
Take time to compare movers
It is quite beneficial to compare movers just as with purchasing other home services. Request for moving quotes from 4 to 5 moving companies, especially, if you are moving cross country, an additional request for in-home survey/estimates should be made from 2 to 3 moving companies.
Ensure the specifics of the quotes are properly noted while comparing the rates given by the moving companies. Make sure you compare each of the services being offered by each mover, most importantly the free one.
Be wary of low–ball estimates
A reliable and trustworthy moving company with respectable operation will likely charge rates that are mostly closer to its competitors as they often have the same labor and overhead costs, although moving companies are cheaper than one another. Beware of moving companies that charge very low prices. Such mover may be running a disreputable and shady operation, or they may surprise you with additional charges later during the move.
To ensure the moving companies you contact have proper paper-works, run a quick and accurate background check on all of them to avoid being tricked into a contract with any mover. Department of transportation or a similar department mostly manages the affairs of moving companies, so feel free to contact them if you are moving locally or within the state.
Every interstate moving company must register with the USDOT (US Department of Transportation). Any moving company that does not consider running a legal operation should be avoided as they have nothing to lose should anything go wrong with the move. You will get to know the current standing of a mover with the appropriate regulatory authority once you run a quick check in the US DOT database or your state’s regulatory database.
Proof of insurance
While your belongings are in the care of your moving company, a few essential insurance policies should be put in place by your mover for the safety of your items. For an interstate mover to maintain licensing, they must have cargo insurance policies and active BIPD liability according to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), a division of USDOT.
To know if your mover is properly insured, request for its certificate of Insurances.
A full value insurance protection must also be part of what your interstate movers offer you. This implies that in the event where the mover damages any of your belongings, the cost of replacement will be covered by them.
A release value protection that ensures your items at a minimum of $60 per pound may alternatively be elected. Most movers offer additional insurance coverage. Weigh in your options and understand the type of coverage your moving contracts commits you to.
Request a free in-home estimate
if you live within 50 miles to your moving company, and planning a long-distance move, you are entitled to a free on-site estimate. To get the most accurate moving quote, FMCSA suggests requesting an in-home estimate.
An estimator will be sent to your home by the moving company, and he/she will survey your household inventory and also discuss your required relocation services. They will determine the weight of your belongings and calculate an estimated total cost based on their published standard rates.
Ask about the form of payment
Multiple forms of payment like personal checks and credit cards are accepted by any reputable and reliable moving company. Moving companies who demand a large deposit up-front or only takes cash should be avoided. You will identify a less-reputable moving company by a cash-only or large deposit requirement, although charging a small deposit fee to secure your moving date by a mover is normal.
Get your estimate in writing
Ensure you get the estimate in writing before hiring a moving company to create an enforceable contract. The long distance mover cannot charge more than 10% increase than the original quoted cost once you get the quote in writing.
To prevent customers from getting over-charged by movers who price jobs inaccurately while sending a final charge that is far higher than the initial quote, the FMCSA enacted the law of getting your estimate in writing.
Make sure all documents are complete
The final quote and bill of lading that describes the agreed services will be provided for you by the moving company. Before you attest your own signature, ensure the document is filled out completely and is duly signed by the representative of the moving company. A less reputable mover could amend an unfinished contract leaving you no choice but to pay more than you bargained if you sign an incomplete document.
If your belongings’ inventory changes between the period of in-home estimate and the moving day, the moving company can amend the quote, although they cannot charge beyond 10% of the price quoted in the written estimate given to you.
Your mover could choose to refuse to carry out your contract if you forget to show your heavy moving boxes that you have in your rear garage or amend it to include the weight of these additional moving boxes. So you don’t get surprised later with any charges, ensure you highlight all moving services you need and disclose the entire belongings you are moving up-front.
Cheapest Moving Options for Cross Country & Local Moves
You have many different options to choose from for moving your entire household from your current home to the next if you are moving locally or across the country. The cheapest cross country and local budget moving choices will be analyzed here, highlighted are the cheapest option for you:
1. Selling almost Everything
- Helps you Declutter & Purge: Worldly items that we don’t really have much need for are most common in our possessions. You will be able to re-evaluate what’s important in your possessions and also be able to focus on bringing only essential items to your new home by selling or donating most of your items before moving.
- You can update your Décor: You get to start over with new interior furnishings in your new place by getting rid of everything. You also get to create the living space you desire and also the opportunity to update your decoration style.
- Fun Road Trip or Quick Flight: You can quicken the moving process and also turn the move into a fun adventure once you reduced the weight of your belongings. Pack your clothing and some important items you are not throwing away into your car and start the journey to your new home. You can stop along the way to enjoy the sights and scenery on the road that leads to your new home.
- For a fast trip to your destination, you can ship your vehicle and book a flight for you and anyone moving with you. Both options are easy and convenient compared to moving household furniture and heavy items.
2. Using a Trailer to Move Yourself
You could transport your essential items using a trailer instead of selling most of your possessions. An enclosed trailer is perfect for smaller moves as it keeps your belongings safe from the elements all through the journey by offering you a secure move. You can rent an enclosed cargo trailer from U-Haul if you don’t own a truck or trailer. You tend enjoy the following benefits with this option:
- Affordable: U-Haul provides one-way rentals at an affordable price, and this makes this option one of the cheapest ways to move. It is discovered that it would cost between $413 and $962 in the rate while moving cross-country, for instance, from San Diego, CA to Charleston, SC for an 8-day rental depending on the size of the trailer. Compared to the costs of hiring professional moving companies, this is far cheaper.
- Increased flexibility: Users get lots of flexibility in renting a trailer. U-Haul makes it easy to pick up a trailer on short notice in any part of the country due to the massive inventory of trailers and network of pick-up locations throughout the nation. A user may add rental days for added flexibility. Depending on the distance of your move, trailers come with a minimum rental window.
- One-way rentals available: U-Haul has a facility in your locality where your current home is, and as well as in your destination. Whether you are relocating from Pennsylvania to Florida or from Sacramento to NYC, there are many U-Haul’s drops off locations scattered across the United States. One-way rentals are practically suitable for long distance relocations, but it also works well for local moves sometimes.
3. Renting a Moving Truck
More than a million Americans are estimated to rent a moving truck to move cross country while much more rent moving trucks for local moves according to industry data estimates. The use of moving trucks has been linked to the many advantages it offers. This includes:
- More affordable than movers: Hiring a professional mover is more costly than renting a moving truck in some circumstances. It will cost around $20 to rent a small 10-foot U-Haul moving truck for a move within Las Vegas for instance. Your relocation could cost less than $50 approximately. Local moving company in the area mostly require a couple of two or three hours and charged between $100 and $135 per hour. This shows that you could spend up to $400 on just a local move around the town. Renting a moving truck, in this case, might be cheaper. Before you leave the rental garage, however, ensure you have the complete details of all costs and added fees.
- Don’t have to buy a plane ticket: Buying plane tickets for the whole family wouldn’t be necessary if you are relocating to a long distance in a rented moving truck. Whether a truck has a bench seat or bucket seats, most moving trucks allow for 3 – 4 passengers. The rest of the family can follow the truck by riding a car. You can as well attach a trailer to the moving truck and haul it behind if you are going alone.
- Explore the country: You may get the opportunity to enjoy adventures you’ve never seen elsewhere along the roads as you drive a rental moving truck across the state line. Turn the relocation journey into an adventure by checking out scenic byways and pit stops such as North Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains aquamarine, Buffalo National River in Arkansas, Grand Canyon in Arizona, etc.
- Available in a variety of sizes: Moving trucks come in varieties of sizes as being offered by different vendors. From a 10-foot moving truck for a studio apartment to a 26-foot moving truck which is big enough for up to seven rooms worth of possession, you can choose the size that fits your possessions.
- Your move on your schedule: You have more option to carry out your move on your own timing with a rental moving truck. You can choose the date to check-out the perfect truck and load it up at your own convenience instead of waiting for moving companies to show up for the task. To avoid incurring late fees, ensure you return the rental moving truck according to the deadline on the contract.
- Excellent for in-town and cross-country moves: A cheaper way to avoid borrowing a vehicle from a friend if you are relocating across the town is to rent a moving truck. You will get to complete your move in some hours if you can enlist the assistance of some family and friends. If you are good at handling rental trucks, it is also the best choice for long-distance relocations.
4. Rent a Moving Container – Such as Pods or U-Pack
The best of professional moving companies and rental moving trucks are brought together by moving containers since it got started by U-Haul. In the moving industry, moving container is the most revolutionary thing to happen. You leave the driving up to someone else after packing your pod by yourself. With this portable storage unit, you get relieved of the stress of worrying about blind spots in a rental moving truck and trying to navigate low clearance bridges as you don’t have to do the driving yourself.
Just place a call to the company to arrange for pick up after you have loaded your possessions into your container. The company will deliver your container (pod) to your new home. The freedom to prepare for your move at your own convenient time is one of the most outstanding advantages of using a moving container.
U-Pack, PODS and other companies drop the container with you and give you enough time, days or weeks to pack and load. Moving containers in some circumstances are a cheaper option compared to hiring a professional mover.
5. Hire Professional Movers to Handle the Job
Hiring an affordable moving company for your local or interstate move takes most of the work out of relocating. You are sure that your move will be handled by professional hands. While hiring a professional mover costs more than other options, there are a number of advantages of using this options. They are:
- Help with a variety of services: Professional movers usually offer a large number of moving and storage services such as furniture moving, packing and unpacking, warehouse storage, last minute moves, apartment moves, residential and office moves, appliance delivery and many more. Whether a partial or a full-service move, you as a customer get to choose the services you required
- Assume responsibility for your items: Moving companies assume the liability for any of your possession that gets lost, stolen or damaged once it gets to their custody. To protect your possessions, local and interstate moving companies are required to have insurance. You can leave your highly prized possessions in the care of moving company who will take total responsibility should any damage or loss happens to it instead of leaving it with clumsy friends.
- Door-to-door and full-service solutions: Boxing your items with total care and unloading all your possession at your new home is part of the services included in the full-service offered by some movers. If you do not have enough time to do the moving yourself, this point to point option is the best as it reduces moving stress.
- They manage loading and unloading truck: You can let the movers do the hard work which involves heavy lifting while you supervise instead of breaking your back trying to do it yourself. You do not have to lift a single item as the professional movers will take charge of the entire moving process which involves loading and unloading.
- Saves time: If you have moving experience, then you will know it can take many hours just to pack your kitchen if you are doing it yourself while it will only take a fraction of the time to get it all boxed by the professional movers.
- Fully equipped with truck, supplies, and equipment: To ensure a hitch-free move, movers are equipped with all they need. The moving company does not only come with a full-sized moving truck, but they also bring blankets to protect your appliances and furniture, dollies to safely transport your possessions to and from the moving truck as well as moving supplies.
- You don’t have to find people to help: Your friends and family would offer to sleep in your house over till the moving day to help you move. Hire professional movers that will show up right on time to get your move done as quickly as possible rather than contending with a series of unexpected last-minute cancellations of the move.
- Trained and knowledgeable: Moving companies have a well-trained staff that understands to the fullest every moving process. Professional movers will handle moves that include conquering complicated logistics such as packing up your expensive wine glasses or getting a treadmill down a set of stairs.
Apart from researching cheap movers, you can as well make your move cheap as much as possible. It is a way of reducing the burden even before approaching your mover. With that you will be sure you are getting the move even cheaper. For some of the ways you can reduce the cost of your move at your end, you can check our tips below.
7 Ways How to Move Cheaply
In 2016, the moving industry was reported by the American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA) to have an $85.7 million impact on the economy. Over 3 million people relocate from one state to the other while many more relocating from town to town within the same state.
Many people are opting for ways to minimize the moving cost as moving has now become an expensive business. If you are among the people that are learning to relocate cheaply across America, below are seven tips for saving money on your relocation costs.
1. Collect Free Boxes before your Move
Even when purchased in bundles, moving boxes with handles can cost around $3.15 a piece according to the information on Uline’s website. Collecting as many free boxes as you can in days, weeks, or months before your moving date will help you cut down your moving costs.
Below are tips for gathering free moving boxes:
- Keep all your large shipping boxes, like the one you received from Amazon.
- Ask around for any free unused moving boxes from your neighbors.
- Lookup Craigslist and Free-cycle for moving boxes. People who relocate recently always want to get rid of moving boxes as it consumes spaces in the house, they will give the boxes to you for free provided you are willing to pick it up.
- Grocery stores and your local schools may have moving boxes that they want to throw away.
2. Shop Around
Do not make the mistake of going with the first mover you call. Endeavour to get moving quotes from 3 to 5 moving companies in your area. Be sure to compare moving truck rental prices if you are packing and moving your possessions yourself.
You will need someone from a moving company to do an in-house survey to get accurate pricing while you secure quotes online to begin eliminating the movers one by one. The quote form on the Moving Feedback homepage will help you to locate as many moving companies near you as possible.
3. Pick your Moving Date Carefully
Ensure you choose a cheaper moving date and time if you are using a professional moving company for your relocation. A moving company will charge more during late spring and summer, so the peak moving months are April, May, June, July, August and September.
The most expensive days to hire movers are the weekends, because people mostly prefer not to miss work when they move during weekdays; hence, the weekend will be too fixed up. Choose any day in the week for your move. You can save a lot of money by avoiding a Friday through Monday move if you can take a leave in the mid-week. Demand for a professional moving company is lower toward the middle of the month, so it will be better to schedule your movers to arrive at that time.
4. Reduce your Load
The charge incurred on long-distance or interstate moves often depends on the weight of your belongings. You can save a lot of coins if you can reduce the number of heavy items to be moved. Moving will also give you the best chance to sort through your library to decide on the books you want to keep. Hardbacks, for instance, can add up in weight.
You can either cash in on the books you are willing to release by selling them at the used bookstores, or you could give it out as charity or to your local library.
Old or worn-out furniture should also be disposed of by taking advantage of this chance, as you are likely to replace them within some months. Focus on buying new pieces immediately after the move as you save some money on the moving cost. List unwanted furniture on Freecycle or Craigslist to get rid of it before your move. Consider offering the furniture for free if you really need to get rid of it quickly.
5. Do your own Packing and Loading
It was reported by AMSA that when people change residence, only about 22% request for the service of professional movers while 45% of them rent a moving truck and do the packing and loading themselves. You can save on the substantial labor costs associated with packing and loading by cutting out the middlemen.
As average moving company costs a minimum of $25 per person, you might actually want to do it yourself even though it’s an investment of your time. By requesting for help from friends and family, you can reduce your packing and loading time. In exchange for their cost-saving efforts, you just have to serve them with pizza and drinks.
6. Borrow a Truck
33% of people neither hire professional movers nor rent a moving truck to transport their belongings while 67% does. They instead borrow vehicles from friends or family or even use their own vehicle to move their belongings. You might be able to get one of your friends or family to help you haul some of your possessions to your new home with their nice truck while you pay for the gas and meal.
For clearer reasons, this do-it-yourself move is the best for local or short distance moves. You can make multiple trips in your personal vehicle to haul your household items in a short distance move. This is a great option if you have the time and you want to save money even though it might take 4 times longer than the professional movers could have done it.
7. Deduct your Moving Expenses from your Taxes
Through a future tax deduction, you may be able to reduce a part of your relocation expenses. You might be able to deduct a substantial amount from your moving expenses according to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) if you meet the following conditions:
- Your relocation closely relates to the beginning of work: This implies that your work start date should be within the year the move should complete.
- Your relocation passes the time test: You will have to work full time for about 10 months in the first year of the move to deduct moving expenses. You must work full time for a year and a half during the first two years following your relocation if you are self-employed.
- Your relocation passes the distance test: This implies that your new place of work should be at least 50 miles farther away from your old home than your old place of work.
By utilizing this tax deduction, you could save up to 37% on moving costs depending on your marginal tax rate.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I move cheaply?
Moving through a rental truck is the least expensive way to move. Your total cost if you rent a moving truck, pack and load your items yourself, and haul the rental truck to your new address will be lesser than hiring a moving company. However, there are other options aside from truck rental.
Is renting a U-Haul less expensive than to hire movers?
With a moving company, all your worries about how you will drive a moving truck or any related costs or the stress of renting a moving truck will all be gone. You probably know that the cost of hiring a self-packing mover is less than hiring a full-service moving company and a little higher than a moving truck rental.
What day is the least expensive to move?
The cheapest day of the week to move is on a weekday, right from Monday to Thursday. This is because movers offer fair rates during the week as demand for moving services is considerably lower.
How much should I pay to hire movers?
Local moving companies charge an hourly rate of about $25 for each mover. Three movers should not exceed 4 hours to get a single bedroom apartment moved within a short distance, so only labor will cost about $300. The price can rise to about $2,000 for a long-distance move of an average weight of 3000 lbs.
How much should be the daily rate I pay laborer for moving?
The standard daily rate for laborers assumed to be between $10 per hour and $12 per hour. Some may decide to pay laborers $10 per hour for a complete 8-hour workday. You should give your daily laborer water at least or pizza, while they do their work. It is a partial way of tipping your mover.
Can movers be hired without a moving truck?
Yes, there are many hourly services available with most moving companies which do not include truck. The following are some of the cases where you might not need a moving truck while hiring movers:
- You need packing assistance: Consider hiring a professional packer to assist you with your packing if you need to pack valuable items, especially if you have fragile things coming with you on the move.
- You need help loading or unloading: You may be able to get away with packing yourself, but loading and unloading is not a one-man job. You can get movers for hire on an hourly basis to assist you with your loading and unloading of your things.
What are the works of full-service movers?
Full-service movers take charge of every part of a move, such as packing the items in your old home, to unpacking them at your new residence, including every major task in between. Full-service movers are the best option for workers with a busy schedule or anyone who doesn’t have free time to spare during the day for the move. Full-service movers’ customers enjoy a stress-free relocation experience over and over with the following services:
- Packing: Full-service moving companies pack up your household stuff and supply every necessary material required to move your things safely and securely. This includes big-sized belongings such as furniture that may require disassembling for an easy move.
- Moving: Full-service moving companies load and haul your packed household things to your new address.
- Unpacking: Full-service moving companies unload and unpack your things, re-couple furniture, and remove packing materials.
What is the cost of a less expensive moving company?
Less expensive movers cost is within the range of $250 to $5,000 on average. Less expensive local moving companies usually charge between $89-$129 per hour with the minimum hour between 2 and 3, and extra travel or storage charges for other services may be added. Click on “GET QUOTE” on our site to fill form to get a more accurate moving estimate based on your individual moving situation. Charges by interstate moving companies are determined by the weight of your things, the distance traveling, and the type of service needed.
Do not expect the rate of even affordable movers to be lesser than $1 per pound for an interstate move. The majority of the goods in each room in your house weigh roughly 1,000 pounds. This implies that a four-bedroom house that has a living room, kitchen, and formal dining room would cost an estimated amount of about $7,000.
Charges for packing, unpacking, and other full-service features apply. Obtain free moving estimates using the quote form better to understand the overall price from reliable cheap movers.
How do I obtain a binding quote from a moving company?
Movers provide binding quotes after they have conducted an in-person assessment of where you live. It is essential for them to understand every aspect of the move before they can offer a binding price for the operation.
The moving assessor will arrive at your home on the scheduled time, and you will show them around so they can understand the size of your living space. It is also important to explain how many items you are moving, and what items you are selling, donating or throwing away before the move.
When they have a clear idea about how many rooms to pack, how many heavy items to transport, and other details regarding the move, you should receive a binding price quote.
I forgot to buy bubble wrap and need to pack delicate and valuable items. What can I do?
If you forgot to buy bubble wrap, or you do not want to spend more money, you can use clothing and towels to wrap certain items before putting them into boxes.
Decorative pieces, valuable and delicate objects and some kitchen items can be individually wrapped in shirts, shorts, sweaters, towels and rags. Doing so protects the items the same way bubble wrap would.
Make sure you are not packing more than one item in each item of clothing. Having two items in one sweater or towel would cause them to bump against each other, which could lead to damage.
Can movers transport my car, motorcycle or pets?
A moving contract typically includes your household possessions. Kitchen appliances and heavy furniture are included within the agreement, but cars and motorcycles are not.
Most local and long distance movers can connect you with companies that do provide these relocation services. Some movers may even offer the service themselves, but it is a separate transaction.
Pet relocation is another separate process, as movers are not authorized to transport your pets in the same van that is taking your household possessions.
If you are traveling to another state by vehicle, you can probably take your pet with you. Those who are flying or taking a train may want to check specific policies regarding traveling with pets.
What are the different insurance packages to protect my items during packing, loading and transit?
Moving companies are required by law to offer insurance to their clients. The policies usually have three tiers, such as limited liability, added valuation and full value.
Limited liability is the basic insurance they must provide by law, which usually provides you with a dollar value for each pound or kg of item that is lost or damaged. It does not provide very much protection, as you may only get a couple dollars for a small decoration piece that suffers damage during the move.
Added valuation lets you collect an insurance payout equal to the current value of the item that was lost or damaged. Full value covers the cost of replacing the item in question.
What can I do to prepare my home or apartment before the movers arrive?
If you have only purchased a loading, transport and unloading service, ensure all items are packed ready to go. Furniture, paintings and other such items can be left as is – the movers can wrap them in blankets or shrink wrap as necessary.
Even if the movers are packing your possessions, try to organize your living space in the lead up to their arrival. Throw out all items that are not going with you. If you cannot donate or throw away everything, keep it out of the way of the movers.
Getting things done, especially moving at the most cheaper rate is one of the most searched keywords on the internet. There are cheap moving companies out there but only takes some efforts to discover them. You can enjoy quality service delivery and at the cheapest rate if you hire any of the movers listed above. How would you feel if you cut 40% of the actual moving cost by hiring a cheaper mover? Drop your comment below!