Arpin Van Lines Review 2022: Trusted Moving & Storage Solutions
Bottom Line: The company has family values as well as a priority that puts its customers first. Arpin Van Lines has experienced growth over the years while keeping its quality service which is why it is successful in the first place. The company is the only moving company in the country owned and operated by family and remained successful for over a hundred years.
Before Wheaton World Wide conglomerate acquires it, Arpin Van Lines was a family-owned moving company that established a great national network of local movers.
They are generally a good option to consider for interstate and international moves. However, some of the moving workers that are employed by the local agents often load and unload customer’s belongings in a careless manner which could lead to damage to customer’s items.
Arpin Van Lines prides itself on perfectly or almost perfect handle local, long-distance, and international moves. The company has 385 locations across the country and has worked with leading, reliable agencies across the globe to deliver its promised quality services.
Make a comparison of Arpin to the moving companies found on our list of the best state-to-state moving companies and the best international moving companies.
In this article
What Moving Services offered by Arpin Van Lines
Arpin Van Lines is now one of the merger companies including Bekins Van Lines, Wheaton Worldwide Moving, and other top companies in the industry that are located in Indianapolis, Indiana. Their network consists of over 400 local agents across the nation.
The company offer a wide range of moving services to its customers. These include:
- Local moving service: Residential customers can partner with local moving agents for local and regional relocation. They will make an inventory sheet of the belongings that contains necessary notes. The Priority Moving Service is a program aimed at small moves that offer quick pack and ship services.
- Long-distance moving service: Door-to-door moving services are provided across the nation. The establishment of Strategic Service Centers that are responsible for transporting all through the move is part of the logistical advantages.
- International moving service: The multinational and multilingual workers at Arpin are ready for performing moves to another country. These are directly handled by the Arpin International Group division of the company.
Military and government Arpin boasts of completing over 14,000 GSA military relocation every year. Reviews show that Arpin has a lot of military contracts for moving those on active duty.
- Corporate moves: Arpin Van Lines is experienced in moving businesses of different sizes.
- Affinity workers relocation: Business staff that is relocating is encouraged to enjoy to consider this program that assigns and move manager and provides flexible storage options.
- Storage: Local agents from Arpin offer different storage options like secure, climate-controlled, and so on. For instance, Moving & Storage Solution Inc. which is a local agent of the company located in Bellingham, Washington, has a 16,000 square foot warehouse storage facility that is highly secure and with 24-hour surveillance.
- Packing & unpacking: A professional worker will pack all your belongings for shipment. All boxed items will be removed and placed on different surfaces during unpacking. Standard unpacking excludes organizing items in drawers or cabinets.
- Crating and third-party services: Boats, cars, and others can get customized moving services. Arpin move vehicles in open or enclosed shipping carriers.
- Moving supplies: The company doesn’t offer an online platform for booking moving boxes and supplies; however, each local agent has stocks of the items for purchase.
- Cost and affordability: Arpin advertises itself as a customer-centered moving company solution and doesn’t claim to be the cheapest or most expensive carrier.
- Pricing and estimates: Even though estimates are often completed onsite, remote options are also available due to the COVID-19 contactless policy for quotes.
Estimates are often issued in writing (digital or not) and are either binding or non-binding types estimates. Non-binding estimates are referred to as being approximations. House moves often involve cash on delivery (COD) payment with certified checks or credit cards accepted. The company does not accept personal checks.
- One of the oldest moving companies
- Highly experienced in a long-distance move
- Generally delivers quality service
- Great customer
- Online shipment tracking not available
Arpin Van Lines Moving Quote Options
There are three beneficial ways of moving quotations offered by Arpin. You may select any of them to prevent unplanned high costs on the last day of the move.
- You may choose to fill an online form and get your ballpark moving cost estimation instantly.
- A more accurate evaluation may be acquired with on-site estimation, arranged with a company’s worker.
- The third option is the most convenient. You may connect remotely to the company’s moving specialist using your phone so you can make a virtual moving survey. You will obtain similar actual results as with in-house estimation.
The cost of an average house move (two-bedroom apartment) at 2,500 miles will cost approximately $4,100.
The calculation is done based on distance and weight.
Local moves are quoted by the hour per mover. Consider the “ballpark” moving estimate price ranges for relocating to a 2-bedroom apartment, excluding the packing estimate.
|Los Angeles, CA||Dallas, TX||$3,171 – $4,105|
|Dallas, TX||Chicago, IL||$2,866 – $3,719|
|Chicago, IL||Baltimore, MD||$2,694 – $3,441|
|Baltimore, MD||Orlando, FL||$2,676 – $3,455|
For more on long-distance moving costs, read How Much Does Long Distance Mover Cost?
Property Insurance and Protection
Standard Coverage is the compulsory minimum coverage required of all movers that pay $0.60 per pound per item.
Full Replacement Value Protection (FRVO): This additional coverage is available for purchase that equals $6.00 per pound for each item. Items of a higher value must be indicated on the list of Extraordinary Value Inventory.
Arpin Van Lines Customer Reviews & Feedback
They are present in West Warwick, Rhode Island which has 64 customers’ reviews on Google with a total rating of 3.8 out of 5. The majority of the negative feedback was linked to care for the less loading of items and resulted in great damage to the customer’s goods.
Changing Places Moving is their only agent located in Michigan and it has more than 40 reviews on Google with a total rating of 4.5 out of 5.
The agent has nice moving feedback with a lot of customers that discovered the movers of the company to be friendly and professional.
Only a few posters complained of certain damage to furniture that happened during loading.
Arpin’s total rating is lower at 1.5 out of 5 on Yelp. A lot of dissatisfied customers complained that their items were damaged because of carelessness from the part of the movers during the loading and unloading process.
Some customers accused the movers of making changes to the inventory sheet notes to seem like the items were damaged before loading into the moving truck at the old home.
A lot of these negative reviews were from two years ago or older, in most cases, a company representative responded to these posts in a bid to solve the issues amicably.
There is a headquarters location page on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) for Arpin Group, Inc. that rated them A+ and has been accredited with them for years.
They have not received any complaints in the last year and about 4 for the past three years. Most of these complaints involved delayed arrival during pickup at the old location or the destination home.
Pros and Cons of Moving with Arpin Van Lines
Arpin Van Lines seems to have a good network of agent for long-distance moves and their country-to-country moving department seems to be making waves
- The company now offers personalized moving services for military veterans as well as discounted rates of moves and coverage on the
- Local agents can perform virtual estimates with a mobile device and platforms like Zoom, FaceTime, or Facebook Messenger in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
- The company now offers discounts during the off-peak season from September through April, for seniors, realtors, and so on.
- The Environmental Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility Policies of Arpin Company is committed to environmental protection and that is an indication that they are a “green” company.
- The company boasts a good reputation and experience acquired because of several moves, which Arpin provided with no extra contractors.
- Arpin performs quoting easily and accurately, as they calculate the cost in three ways.
- Arpin Van Lines offers a modern mobile app for customer’s comfort
- Special offers are available for military and government moves.
As popular in the moving industry, a lot of local agents employ movers that may be careless when transporting delicate items. This can lead to the claims process, which sometimes results in negativity, particularly when the customer didn’t buy supplemental coverage protection.
- Some larger city areas don’t have local agents, such as Orlando, Charlotte, Miami, Richmond, Jacksonville, Louisville, and New Orleans.
- A lot of customer complaints seem from movers that handle customers’ belongings (like boxes and furniture) carelessly and cause much damage.
- Arpin Van Lines was a leading family-owned mover that was recently acquired by a big corporate group. It is not sure if the company will keep up with its former history of success.
- Claims on breached terms of delivery may be observed in some reviews of the company.
Should you Move with Arpin Van Lines?
This company has a fairly wide network of local movers which makes them a brilliant option for interstate moves. They also seem to be experienced in international moves and for moving military members. The quality of the workers used for loading and unloading is usually not consistent.
However, if you think Arpin is not the best choice for you, you can choose from any of our best long-distance moving companies that have been tested to be reputable in the moving industry.