How Much Is Cox Internet Plan? Cox Internet Plans And Prices
The price of internet plans at Cox begins at around $29.99 per month and offers about 25 Mbps of internet service speed. The broadband speed is probably perfect for any standalone internet user who scrolls on social media, emails, and also streams in SD occasionally.
Cox is a great choice if you are searching for cheap monthly internet cost; say below $120 monthly, after the expiration of the promotion. This price is for 500 – 940 Mbps of high-speed internet, because these plans enable you to work from home, remote learning, gaming, and video streaming.
Apartment renters, dwellers, and temporary movers should remember the no-contract Straight-up internet option. Cox internet plan of $50 that runs monthly is also available, with almost 25 Mbps download speeds. You are also allowed to cancel your subscription at any time without being charged for termination. Before you make your choice, let’s see the different Cox internet plans and prices.
In this article
Internet Plans and Prices by Cox Communications
Internet deals and speeds that you get from Cox in your location can be varied, but they are still possibly among the most affordable and fastest internet options for people living within Cox coverage areas.
|Plan Name||All Connect Score||Starting Price||Price After 1 Year||Max Download Speeds||Max Upload Speeds|
|Internet Starter 25||2.86/5||$19.99/mo.||$44.99 per month||25 Mbps||3 Mbps|
|Internet Essential 50||2.83/5||$29.99/mo.||$65.99 per month||50 Mbps||3 Mbps|
|Internet Preferred 150||3.06/5||$49.99/mo.||$83.99 per month||150 Mbps||10 Mbps|
|Internet Ultimate 500||3.39/5||$69.99/mo.||$99.99 per month||500 Mbps||10 Mbps|
|Gigablast||3.52/5||$99.99/mo.||$119.99 per month||940 Mbps||35 Mbps|
You can make selection of the package that best fit for your internet need and household.
- Plan options for everyone
- Panoramic Wi-Fi
- Elite Gamer service
- Perfect discounts for bundling
- 12-month contract
- Data cap and overage fees
- Price increases
Which is the Best Cox Internet Plan for you?
Cox internet-only packages
|Plan Name||Download||Upload||Promo Price||Final Price|
|Gigablast||940 Mbps||35 Mbps||$99.99 per month||$119.99|
|Cox Internet Ultimate 500||500 Mbps||10 Mbps||$79.99 per month||$99.99|
|Cox Internet Preferred 150||150 Mbps||10 Mbps||$59.99 per month||$83.99|
|Cox Internet Essential 50||50 Mbps||3 Mbps||$39.99 per month||$65.99|
|StraightUp Internet||25 Mbps||3 Mbps||$50 per month||$50|
|Cox Internet Starter 10||10 Mbps||1 Mbps||$29.99 per month||$44.99|
However, up/down parity, which is a fiber feature is still yet to be matched by the cable, which implies that, both the download and upload speeds of cable are different, where they are equal in fiber. If you are working from home or uploading your podcast every week, you may want to go for a fiber internet provider.
Cox Straight Up Internet
This is a new internet plan from Cox that offers the exact straightforwardness that we’ve been looking for in all internet plans. You are charged the same price for 3 years and make a monthly payment. Typically, the fancy Paranomic Wi-Fi Gateway from Cox is charged at $12.99 every month – but there is a less fancy, friendly modem router in the Straight Up plan.
The 25 Mbps download speed on the Straight Up internet plan is not what we wanted, since you would possibly run into trouble with those speeds if you are making online calls or watching Netflix. But those speeds can work perfectly if you are home alone and don’t stream TV more often.
Cox Internet and TV Packages
You will get optimized download speeds and many channels from the Cox Internet Gigablast plus Contour TV Preferred for $189.9 per month. If your household’s bandwidth is high, you might want to consider it. Sadly, apart from the convenient bill and live TV provided by this package, there is not much value delivered by Cox Internet and TV bundles. You should go for a single Cox internet plan.
Cox Internet Deals
Families that have low income can get a special internet deal: you will spend just $9.95 per month for Cox Connect2Compete, and its download speeds are roughly 25 Mbps and cometh free home Wi-Fi. You need to be enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Public Housing (HUD), National School Lunch Program (NSLP), or Temporary Assistance for Needy families) to be eligible for Cox Connect2Compete. If you find this Cox internet deal perfect for you, you can check the Connect2Compete webpage on Cox’s website to apply.
Cox Internet Wi-Fi Plans
You normally have to select the fastest (and costliest) Cox home internet package to get Wi-Fi from the company. Cox’s Wi-Fi hotspots have been opened to the general public for a short term due to COVID-19). The Ultimate, Preferred 150, and Gigablast internet plans from Cox (and each of their bundles) come with free access to 650,000 Wi-Fi all over the United States, from San Diego to NYC.
- Cox Panoramic Wi-Fi: This is Cox’s only Wi-Fi modem that is up for rental. Buying it is not even a possibility even if you have the money. To always update with the latest technology, Cos always wants its users to try other devices. The Panoramic Wi-Fi features a cable modem and double port gigabit wired router, and it provides optimized and reliable speeds for your household. Manage your Wi-Fi from your mobile or home device when you download the app.
- Cox prepaid internet service: Yes, prepaid internet is also available at Cox. It goes by the name Straight Up internet, and you are required to pay before use. You will pay $50 upfront and it doesn’t include hidden or additional fees. It provides you with 1 TB of data every month. This service also features prepaid Wi-Fi through a dual-band modem given by Cox. You don’t have to sign any contract, so you choose each month if you want to make advance payment for another month of service. You can also activate an auto-renewal option.
- Elite Gamer: This is a new option offered by Cox to users of the Panoramic Wi-Fi. For just $10.99 per month ($6.99 if you already own a modem), this feature is supported with a gamer-friendly technology- both teams and individuals – to proceed to victory. Since it finds an expedited path to the PC game server, your game connection becomes optimized. Its detailed dashboard enables you to explore performances history to guarantee future wins.
Ensure you check for the Following Cox Deals if you are relocating
Moving is costly, but these Cox Communications’ deals could help reduce your costs:
If you asked for disconnection within the past 30 days, the company offers a forty percent discount (40%) to reconnect. Service charges for plans that include all of the company’s high-speed internet packages are included (excluding the Gigablast package).
Cox’s Straight Up Internet is a pre-paid internet bundle that offers around 25 Mbps download speeds for $50 per month. This service doesn’t require deposits, hidden fees, or credit checks, and you are allowed to keep the router.
You can save money when you package your TV and phone services with your Cox internet.
Below are some examples:
- Package internet Essential 30 together with Voice Premier (a major landline with fourteen (14) calling components and unrestricted domestic long-distance) for $49.98 per month. Basic internet from Cox goes for $39.99 per month and the phone costs $29.99 per month.
- Package 150 Mbps internet with TV (features over 140 channels) for $89.99 per month. Cox’s internet-only plan of 150 Mbps costs $59.99 per month and TV with more than 140 channels for $69.99 per month.
FAQs for Cox Home Internet
Yes. Similar to most cable companies, Cox offers different TV and internet packages, together with packages that include security monitoring, home phone service, and home automation.
Together with the network of hotspots we talked about before, Cox also offers Elite Gamer, a feature that promises to cut down lag by almost 32% while gaming on the internet. Elite Gamer doesn’t feature an extra charge if you are using the company’s Panoramic Wi-Fi modem or router. The cost of Elite Gamer per month is $7 if you are using your modem.
Yes. A 50 Mbps plan that costs $10 per month is offered by Cox to low-income customers known as Connect2Compete. Households with kids who get free or low-priced school lunches should be eligible – you can find out more or check eligibility here. Cox is also a partner in the government’s Emergency Broadband Benefit, which offers a home internet discount of $50 for those who are eligible. That program started taking applications on May 12.
The Cox Internet Starter, which is the Basic internet service of the company starts at $29.99 per month for a year and features up to 10 Mbps. The topmost plan, Gigablast, provides 940 Mbps for $99.99 per month for a year. Location determines service rates as well.
Cox is widely available in 19 states. Get quick confirmation by checking Cox service areas. Together with most of Rhode Island, Cox’s network is available in parts of 17 states and D.C., with service mostly found in locations around these cities:
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Gainesville, Florida
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Macon, Georgia
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Pensacola, Florida
- Phoenix, Arizona
- San Diego, California
- Santa Barbara, California
- Topeka, Kansas
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Wichita, Kansas
Yes, you can make an advance call to switch your internet from one place to another with helpful instructions to guide you.
For customer satisfaction, Cox performs better and is among the best. The company sited on the 4th position in a tie with Spectrum internet on the list of American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI), scoring 63/100.
At Moving Feedback, don’t only recommend the best long-distance movers to you; we also share tips to reduce your utility cost.
You can also read Utility Bills 101: 7 Ways to Reduce your Utility Bill